Monday 26 November 2012

Its been a While...

I've been very remiss and not done much work down on the allotment for a while, what with weather and working and everything else life has thrown at me recently. Today I was out for a walk and popped in to see what is happening down there. It isn't too bad really, the areas of green manure are about 3 ft high and will need strimming down as soon as possible. The few leeks are still growing but have not reached any great girth. I am glad to say that the parsnips still seem ok but who knows what is going on down in the soil! There seem to be a few carrots and beetroot lurking around but whether any are edible remains to be seen. There are still weeds about but not quite as bad as before - after all we are heading into winter. Hopefully I shall get down there on Sunday and get some strimming and clearing done before settling down for the last Grand Prix of the season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment